Monday, April 8, 2013

I took a couple of months off the short recently, so I could work on some concept work for 3 IP's I'm developing with Mike Erskine-Kellie, a writer friend of mine in Toronto. He's written some exceptionally funny stories, and it seemed natural that we should collaborate on these projects together. So for the past two months, I've been working almost entirely in Zbrush and a little Maya, to develop these concepts. I'd been working fairly sporadically with Zbrush until 2 months ago and had been quite frustrated, as I'd forget all the features I'd learned and basically had to relearn the process every time I would get back to dabbling the software. Now that I've been using it everyday, I finally feel like I'm making inroads. Here's the latest character modelled in maya, zbrush, textured lit and rendered in zbrush and composited in photoshop. I still have a lot to learn on the lighting and rendering side, but I'm starting to enjoy it more. I'll post more when he's rigged and I've modelled the blendshapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment